Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm taking you to the courts...

Tennis, an individual sport? Wrong!  Success in tennis comes from the support of others. I have never found so much encouragement and love from a team than I did this season on the Fredonia State tennis team.

Team bonding is so rewarding and beneficial. Without the support from my teammates throughout the year, I don't know how I would have survived the tennis season.  

Going into my tennis season this fall, I knew I had a lot to accomplish before we could call each other a team. From the previous year, our team had lost six of our starting players and we were getting several new girls.  Being the senior and the captain, I knew the first few weeks of practice would be key in creating a team atmosphere.  

Luckily, Fredonia finally acknowledged tennis a little. For the first time, the athletic department gave our team money to come a few weeks early to practice.  I felt so excited that I was granted a few extra weeks to not only improve my tennis play, but to get to know these new girls that would become my teammates.

Those first few weeks of my season and the ones that followed were some of the most valuable times of my life.  Watch as I continue to share my experiences with team bonding as well as the ups and downs of the tennis season this year.





No comments:

Post a Comment